Brief Description of Work Duties to include and may increase
Accountable To: Client
- Provide technical guidance of customised engineered fluids
- Minimum of 3 years hands on experience of Drilling Fluids and Completion Fluids
- Mechanical or chemical background an advantage
- Provides onsite services by testing, measuring and supervising the operation of fluid pumping and mixing, which includes technical analysis in addition to specific product and practical recommendations for the control of fluid properties.
- Responsible for maintaining fluid properties on rig sites by accurately testing the properties of the fluid.
- Provide constant support to aid operations in providing customers the most efficient, environmentally safe drilling fluids that are available.
- A good understanding of the cross-over to drilling and completion skills such as operating in narrow pore pressure fracture gradient windows, hole cleaning practices and wellbore strengthening.
- Using knowledge of product and services with your experience in drilling fluid technology to optimise service quality.
- Perform chemical and physical testing of drilling and completion fluids.
- Responsibility for maintaining fluid properties on rig sites by accurately testing the properties of the fluid.
- Knowledge of computer packages – Word, Excel and Outlook
- Offshore Medical & Survival mandatory
- MIST & Shoulders Measurements applicable for North sea
Professional and effective communication skills, Customer Focus, Organisation
Minimum three years in a similar role
Assertive, strong commitment to customer service excellence
To be specified by client upon commencement of role. Candidate require to cover vaccinations (if applicable)
Comply with the clients & Esk Company Policy and Procedure as set out in the QHSE Management System. Participate in safety induction training and All Staff Safety Meetings as directed. Ensure work procedures are understood and followed and that any potential work hazards or special requirements are addressed prior to commencing work. Be aware of individual QHSE responsibilities as required by both Esk client and their customer. All hazards are promptly reported through the safety systems in place. Participate in safety awareness, and work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
Esk personnel with the responsibility in the process of producing, handling, evaluating or delivering of clients products or whose work may create a significant impact on the environment in accordance with the approved QHSE program shall have the authority and organisational freedom to:
Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any product, process of QHSE non-conformities. Identify and record any product, process or QHSE system problem. Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.