Brief Description of Work Duties to include and may increase
Accountable To: Client
- Provide technical guidance of customised engineered fluids.
- Mechanical or chemical background an advantage
- Provides onsite services by testing, measuring and supervising the operation of fluid pumping and mixing, which includes technical analysis in addition to specific product and practical recommendations for the control of fluid properties.
- Responsible for maintaining fluid properties on rig sites by accurately testing the properties of the fluid.
- Provide constant support to aid operations in providing customers the most efficient, environmentally safe drilling fluids that are available.
- A good understanding of the cross-over to drilling and completion skills such as operating in narrow pore pressure fracture gradient windows, hole cleaning practices and wellbore strengthening.
- Perform chemical and physical testing of drilling and completion fluids.
- Responsibility for maintaining fluid properties on rig sites by accurately testing the properties of the fluid.
- Knowledge of computer packages – Word, Excel and Outlook
- Valid BOSIET (Basic offshore safety induction emergency training)
- Valid UKOOA Medical Valid MIST (Minimum industry safety training)
- Valid CSE (Confined space entry)
- Valid EBS & Shoulder Measurements
- Professional and effective communication skills
- Technical Professional and effective communication skills, Customer focus & good organisation skills
- Assertive, strong commitment to customer service excellence
Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role
To be specified by Client upon commencement of role. Candidates require to cover vaccinations (if applicable).