Brief Description of Work Duties to include and may increase
Accountable To: Field Supervisor / Onshore Coordinator
- Effectively after training and gained experience to having the capacity to operate and maintain the client Solids Control & Drilling Waste Management basic equipment in the field processes of:-
- Solids Control (Shakers & Centrifuges etc) in effective separation of solids content from the drilling lubricants to recondition within parameters set out by Client.
- Drilling Waste Management in collection, transportation 7 disposal (range - Conveyor, Vacuum, Pneumatic Bulk Transfer, Dryer, Cuttings Re-Injection & Slop Treatment) to ensure environmental parameters are maintained within regulations in industry standards.
- This is an entry level position into the Drilling Waste Management & Solids Control operations offshore and candidates must be willing to attend available training for all relevant product lines & safety courses initially onshore where gaps are established in current experience in conjunction with Esk Offshore training plan to meet with basic position objectives prior to going offshore.
- After development and training the candidate will be able to explain confidently the basic equipment and system functions you would encounter then progress to operator status and enhance this with being able to provide operational solutions on trouble shooting to satisfy daily work situations. Assisting in the overhaul, repair and maintenance of client products on trouble shooting to satisfy daily work situations. Assisting in the overhaul, repair and maintenance of client products in the workshop or vendor site is a critical part of all the initial and ongoing training and would be mandatory to self enhancement in business line .
- Knowledge of computer packages – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Entry level Knowledge in operating and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic or electronic equipment.
- Valid BOSIET (Basic offshore safety induction emergency training) - Mandatory
- Valid UKOOA Medical Valid MIST (Minimum industry safety training) - Mandatory
- Valid CSE (Confined space entry) - Mandatory
- Valid CA-EBS & Shoulder Measurements - Mandatory
- Effective communication skills
- Technical aptitude and understanding & good team player
- Ability to work while under pressure & entry level Knowledge in operating and maintenance of mechanical, electrical equipment
Trade background would be advantageous in Welding/Fabrication, Electrician, Mechanical but not necessary.
The position of Field Service Technician (trainee) responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Initial training in workshop base is critical to familiarisation prior to going offshore. Follow the experienced Off/Onshore Field Service Technician\pre-instructions issued for each assignment, ensure that all the documentation is completed and returned to the client on time
- Assist under direct supervision of an experienced Field Service Technician with operation, repair and maintenance on equipment in preparation for installation and use.
- Assist under direct supervision of an experienced Field Service Technician the completion of Daily Reports, End of Well Recaps and Maintenance Worksheets for work carried out in the field.
- Assist under direct supervision of an experience Field Service Technician with equipment installation and operation. Coordinate as required spare parts and consumables required to facilitate the client’s operation in the field in a safe and efficient manner.
- Employees must be willing to attend available training for all relevant product lines & safety courses where gaps are established in current experience in conjunction with Esk Offshore training plan.